The Montgomery Male Academy

117
1026b Christiansburg Male Academy (glass plate negative)=BU=SL

The Montgomery Male Academy opened in 1850 on Roanoke Street in Christiansburg. The school closed in 1899, but the property was used by the public school system as the first Christiansburg High School in 1906 and 1907. (This photo, from the D. D. Lester Collection, and many more are available from the Montgomery Museum of Art and History.)