Montgomery County is made up of many small rural communities such as Pilot, which is thought to have developed around Guerrant’s Mill on Brush Creek prior to the Civil War. In 1928, there were three general stores and two flour mills in the village. This photograph is of a school in Pilot around 1930. This photo is from the D. D. Lester Collection. This image and many more are available from the Montgomery Museum & Lewis Miller Regional Art Center.
Leave a Reply