Harvey-Howe-Carper Post American Legion meeting Thursday
- The American Legion, Harvey-Howe-Carper Post 30 will meet on Thursday, March 2, at 7 p.m. at the VFW Post Home on 102 Watts St. in Radford. All veterans, men and women, are invited to attend.
- If Radford City Public Schools are closed on Thursday or Friday of that week due to weather, the meeting will be cancelled.
Free renter’s education workshop Friday
- The workshop will cover topics such as repairs, fair housing laws and eviction in Virginia and guides to leases, deposits and payments. Refreshments provided!
- Friday’s workshop will be held 10 a.m.-noon. There will also be a March 14 workshop, which will be held 5-7 p.m. Both workshops will take place at 110 Roanoke St. in Christiansburg. RSVP to email@example.com at least two days before the workshop.
NRV youth ministry hosting Valley Wide Youth Rally March 25
- Straight Street youth ministry invites all youth ages 12-17 to attend its Valley Wide Youth Rally on March 25 at 3325 N. Franklin St. in Christiansburg. The event is free and will be held from 6-10 p.m.
- Plenty of games, contests and prizes along with refreshments will be available. Christian rock band Beauty From Ruins and Christian rapper Matthew Tuck will provide music. The Pursuit Drama Team will provide additional entertainment.
- We request that groups of 6 or more people please RSVP via email to StraightStreetNRV@gmail.com.
Christiansburg Library hosting author Beth Macy March 28
- The Christiansburg Library is pleased to announce an author talk with Beth Macy on her newest book “Truevine: Two Brothers, a Kidnapping, and a Mother’s Quest.” Macy will be speaking March 28 at 6 p.m. at the library. Books will be available for purchase at the event.
- Beth Macy is the New York Times bestselling author of Factory Man. She was also an award winning journalist at the Roanoke Times for two decades and a Niemann Fellow at Harvard University.
Christiansburg Recreation Center offers AARP tax aid
- The Christiansburg Recreation Center will offer the free AARP Tax Aid program beginning Thursday, Feb. 2 through April 15.
- Appointments may be scheduled for Monday, Tuesday and Thursday between 1-3:15 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9-11:15 a.m.
- The Recreation Center will begin taking appointments on Jan. 9. Please call 382-2349 to make an appointment or to get more information.