The Christiansburg Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing on Monday, March 29, 2021 at 7:00 PM in the Council Chambers of the Christiansburg Town Hall, 100 E. Main Street, Christiansburg, Virginia 24073. The purpose of the public hearing is to receive public comments concerning:
- A Conditional Use Permit request by Sareh Ostadhosseinkhayyat (applicant) for a Family Day Home serving up to 12 children at property owned by Helen Sedigh and Mohammadreza Ostadhosseinkhayyat located at 1265 Flint Drive S.E.,(tax map no. 529- 21 – 9) in the R-1, Single Family Residential zoning district. The property is designated as Residential on the Future Land Use Map of the 2013 Christiansburg Comprehensive Plan.
- A rezoning request by Gay and Neel, Inc. (applicant) for an approximately 43.4 acre property owned by the Montgomery County School Board located at 100 Independence Boulevard, N.W. (tax map no. 466-2-11, 11A) and 1180 North Franklin Street (tax map no. 466-A-14) in the I-2, General Industrial and B-3, General Business Zoning Districts. The property is currently split-zoned and the applicant is requesting to designate uniform zoning and proffers over the entirety of the property. The two areas included are:
- Rezone an approximately 25.6 acre portion of the property located at 100 Independence Boulevard, N.W. (tax map no. 466-2-11, 11A) from I-2, General Industrial to B-3, General Business with proffers.
- Rezone an approximately 17.8 acre portion of the property located at 100 Independence Boulevard, N.W. (tax map no. 466-2-11, 11A) and 1180 North Franklin Street (tax map no. 466-A-14) from B-3, General Business to B-3, General Business with proffers.
The rezoned area includes approximately .954 acres (“CHS” bus loop parcel) (tax map no. 466-2-11A) recently approved to be vacated and conveyed to the Montgomery County School Board by the Town of Christiansburg. The property is designated as Business/Commercial on the Future Land Use Map of the 2013 Christiansburg Comprehensive Plan.
- A rezoning request by the Trinity Community Church Trustees (owner) at 1505 N. Franklin Street (Tax Parcel 466 – ((A)) – 20A) from A, Agriculture zoning district to B-3, General Business zoning district. The property is designated as Business/Commercial on the Future Land Use Map of the 2013 Christiansburg Comprehensive Plan.
Town Hall will be open and available to receive public comment in-person at the time of this Public Hearing. Additionally, the meeting will be streamed live on the Town of Christiansburg’s YouTube channel at www.christiansburg.org/
youtube and will remain on the Town’s YouTube page once the meeting concludes. For information on contactless methods for submitting public comment, please visit www.christiansburg.org/
Copies of the applications are available for review at the following link: www.christiansburg.org/
publichearings. A copy of the applications, the Town’s Zoning Map, Zoning Ordinance, and Future Land Use Map may be viewed in the Planning Department Office, 100 E. Main Street, Christiansburg, VA 24073 during normal office hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Contact Andrew Warren, Assistant Town Manager, by phone at (540) 382-6120 ext. 1130 or by email at awarren@christiansburg.
org with any questions or if you require reasonable accommodations.