1) This Sunday’s match marks the first home dual of the season for the No. 9-ranked Hokies. Tech returns a national champion, a two-time finalist, four NCAA All-Americans, four conference champions, and nine NCAA qualifiers to their lineup. Tech is coming off a first-place team finish at the Keystone Classic and an 11th-place finish at the 40th Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational, which saw five out of seven Hokies find the podium
2) A top-10 battle. In the latest National Wrestling Coaches Association poll, Tech ranks at No. 9 while Mizzou enters the bout at No. 7. This will be the second year in a row that the two programs meet while ranked in the top-10. Both squads boast a full lineup of ranked wrestlers with a full list of credentials up and down the lineup. Both programs have a national champion in their lineup with a total of seven All-Americans, Hokies with four, the Tigers with three. Additionally, the dual is laden with international accolades with a total of four junior world championship medals from both sides.
3) In the spirit of the season,a toy and stuffed animal drive will be held prior to the dual. Fans are encouraged to bring either a new stuffed animal to be donated to the Carilion Clinic and/or a new toy that will be donated to the Montgomery County Christmas Store.
4) Hokie holidays in full effect. With the holidays right around the corner, fans are invited to wear their best festive sweater to the dual Sunday afternoon. Aan ugly sweater contest will also be held.
5) As with all wrestling matches in Cassell, admission is free. The dual will start at 4:30 p.m. with doors opening at 3:30 p.m.