Tax Map Nos. 526-A-159
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, VA
In execution of a credit line deed of trust dated February 12, 2009 (the “Deed of Trust”),
recorded in the Office of the Circuit Court of the County of Montgomery, Virginia, as Instrument
No. 09001337, the undersigned substitute Trustees, any or all of whom may act, will offer for
sale at 401 Depot Street, Christiansburg, Virginia 24073, on November 16, 2023, at 12:00 o’clock p.m., property located at or near 401 Depot Street, Christiansburg, Virginia 24073, which property is more particularly described as follows:
All that certain tract or parcel of land, with the improvements thereon and the appurtenances thereunto belonging, situate, lying and being on the westerly side
of Depot Street, Town of Christiansburg, Riner Magisterial District of
Montgomery County, described as follows:
All that tract containing 0.329 acres, as shown on the map entitled, “Plat of
Survey, 0.329 Acre Parcel,” prepared by C. S. Correll, L.S., dated 23 April 1998,
Plan # 1032, which map is of record in the office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court
of Montgomery County, Virginia, in Deed Book 1012, Page 475 and to which map reference is made for a more particular description of the property herein conveyed.
This sale is subject to all liens, easements, restrictions, conditions, and reservations of record affecting the title to the property hereinabove described, to the extent any of them have priority over the lien of the Deed of Trust.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Registration: Bids will only be accepted from registered bidders. Your drivers license
and a cashier’s check or cash in the amount of 10% of the bidders high bid will be required to register.
- Deposit: The successful bidders will be required to sign a Memorandum of Sale
immediately following the fall of the hammer, and the cashier’s check or cash, as described above, will be delivered to the Substitute Trustee. The deposit will be applied to the purchase price at closing. The deposit is non-refundable unless Seller is unable to convey marketable title. Closings are to take place
within 30 days of sale. Time is of the essence.
- Deed: The property will be conveyed by Special Warranty Deed.
- Announcement: Announcements made on the day of sale, take precedence over all prior
communications, both verbal and written, concerning the sale or the property.
- Buyer’s Premium: There will be a 5% Buyer’s Premium in effect on the day of sale. The
Buyer’s Premium is added to the high bid amount, to determine the contract sale price.
- As-Is, Where-Is The property is being sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS. Potential Buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the property as they deem necessary to
verify information provided by the Auction Company or the Seller.
- Advertisements: All information provided by Auction Company or the Seller is deemed
reliable but is not warranted. The information contained in the advertisement brochure and any
advertisements by Auction Company are subject to verification by all parties relying thereon. No liability
for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by the Auction Company or the Seller.
- Representations: Auction Company and its representatives represent the foreclosing party.
- Bid Increments: Auctioneer reserves the right to set bid increments and to establish the
bid sequences for the order of the sale and/or to change both. Lienholder reserves the right to bid at the
- Types of Auction: This Auction is an Absolute Auction – regardless of price.
- Lines on Photographs: The lines drawn on the photographs in the marketing materials
are not exact. Refer to the survey for the actual property lines.
Peter M. Pearl, Bryson J. Hunter, and Brian H.
Richardson, Substitute Trustees
For Information Contact:
Peter M. Pearl, Esquire
Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC
P.O. Box 90
Roanoke, Virginia 24002